The Program on Technology Commercialization series is open to the entire CoE community.
How can we most efficiently move technology from the academic laboratory to product and market? The revised Program on Technology Commercialization (PTC) course sequence is designed to provide students with the fundamentals surrounding this process and suggest how we can most efficiently do this translational process.
Spring Quarter’s Introductory Course (BIOEN 504 - Wednesdays & Fridays, 3:30-5:20pm, Electrical Engineering Building 037) will feature outstanding guest lecturers from the local entrepreneurial community sharing knowledge, expertise, and personal experiences as they relate to topics such as:
Subscribe to the PTCI listserv at https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/ptci for weekly updates.
- Business opportunity (risk)
- Entrepreneurship vs. intrapreneurship
- Selling your business idea (communication)
- How to start and run a company
- IP and product development
- Ethics in business and R&D
- Marketing, sales and distribution
- Networking with industry experts
- Developing nations -- huge opportunities